Monday, January 22, 2007

Goals for this semester*

Reaching for a better me:)

Goal 1: This semester in Writing 1 class, I will try to pay more attention on evaluating my own writing and maybe also others, because usually after I’ve written my writing, I had a short, little scheme, and returned the work. That caused me have lower grades for making so many mistakes.
Method: Whenever we have to write an essay or any piece of my own writing, I would read it over more than two times, to check if I have any errors or mistakes, and I would also try to evaluate my own writing, so that I won’t get many corrections from others.


Goal 2: This semester, I set my second goal to try to learn the precise, descriptive, and appropriate words and language that will clarify the ideas and purposes of my writing more.
Method: I will memorize more vocabularies so that I can use better words when I write any piece of writing. I will also use the dictionaries to make better word choices and using the appropriate words.


Goal 3: I set my third goal to learn more about the conventions of capitalization in written compositions, because sometimes, I made mistakes on capitalizing proper nouns.
Method: I will be surer about the proper nouns that I need to capitalize. If I’m not sure about it, I will look it up to make it sure, and to capitalize the letter.

Goal 4: I will try to use variety of print and electronic sources to gather information for research topics and the whole researching.
Method: I used to only use Internet for my researching source, but from now on, I would also go to the library to get some books as resources, and also ask many other people for some more, different information.


Goal 5: My goal from the 6 Traits of Writing is to pay more attention on the voice category, because I think voice is what makes the readers have interest in reading or just leave the piece down.
Method: To make my voice clearer, I have to use appropriate words that fit to the writing, which is one of my goals. I will try to have better word choices that would totally change the voice of the writing, depending on the topic.

I will always try my best, this semester, to achieve my goals, and to make a better me of growing one step up.

No comments: